For the first time in eons, I was at the gym, and I went before work, so I’m on the arc trainer at 6:00 in the morning, watching the news. As it happens, the entire East Side of Cleveland dealt with the first real seasonal Snowmageddon. And as we all know, everyone forgets how to drive when that happens, so I thought that prudence was the best course, and I opted out of my commute into Beachwood and am working from home today.
Right now, I’m just working on the habit of working out before work, so the fact that I am getting there and getting on the arc trainer for 30 minutes is achievement enough for right now. We’ll work on integrating strength training into the routine once I actually get a routine.
So, since it’s been a jillion years, I’ll just include a short list of some of the stuff going on right now.
- There are not going to be any Rox-themed Pussmas cards this year. I tried, tried, tried to get something economical and speedy ordered today, but those standards are mutually exclusive. As much as I love doing the cards, and love sending them out, I’m not spending $6 gazillion dollars on Pussmas Cards.
- This year, Charlie and I are making the Annual Sojourn Down for Yule. I think this makes it our 14th year? We’ve been going since we’ve been dating, which we started doing in 2002, so that would be 14 years.
- I am heading down tomorrow, for work, as the company’s web development team is located in German Village. So, I’m heading down there to learn the website roped, eat at Katzinger’s, and then go out to dinner with Mandy. Charlie is coming down right after work, so I’m not sure what he’s going to do Friday night, but it’ll be nice to have him down there. We have mostly all day on Saturday free, so we’ll probably do out brunch/short North shopping on Saturday before dinner.
- (On Sunday, I have to rush back up to Twinsburg for Tams’ Friendsgiving celebration. I’m doing the rushing with a joyful heart, though.)
- Am I a total jerk for being a teeny, tiny bit glad that we’re taking separate cars down to Columbus and back? The Zedricks have a tough time traveling together in cars.
- I’m headed to Miss Lys’ last Balance & Brews yoga session of the year, and I looked for a pair of Christmas leggings to wear. So, let’s revisit the Pussmas cards, and see that I’m late to the party and nothing will arrive before the date, despite Amazon Prime. I’m super on top of things.
- Has anyone else seen the PNC Bank “12 Days of Christmas Consumer Price Index”? Why the hell are swans so expensive? Just bleach a Canada Goose and call it a day. No one’s going to know the difference: they both suck.
- I’m thinking about this while I’m sitting in my home office. Now that we have the Red Sled, the plan is still for me to go to IKEA and get the Kallax bookshelves and try to make this office something worth working in, rather than a terrible catch-all-room-and-kind-of-office. Of course, like a basic bitch, I’ve made a Pinterest Inspiration Boad about it.