On Wednesday, I had dinner with a much-beloved friend and mentor, even, at Momocho. Go for the margaritas, stay for the good company. …And the calavera t-shirts. I ate like a horse, from guacamole to smoked Gouda tamale dumplings.
One of the things that struck me about having dinner with my friend is how much I need to surround myself with positive people, people who are supportive of me, and believe in me, especially when I don’t believe in me.
I try to be a good mentor to others, and be their biggest cheerleader, because it is critical to developing not only them, but also myself. Because I believe in a culture of positivity, it’s imperative to support other people. But at the same time cheerleading cannot be a one-way street: I need to feel reciprocity, otherwise, I just find that my well gets tapped too fast if I’m doing all the cheering, all the time.
It was nice to get a chance to have someone else help me refocus on what I want out of my life, and know that I can get there.
Big weekend, the final push before the end of the first summer session. It went by too fast, and I have a paper to write on Sunday, after a brief respite down in Columbus. I’m looking forward to getting some time away, no matter how short or busy it is.
In the meantime, feast on a more-dynamic Friday 5.
- What random letter was generated by the online random-letter generator? (this doesn’t really count as one of your five questions) B
- What food item, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, are you most likely to eat within the next few days? Charlie and I are headed down to Columbusthis weekend for an overnight from Saturday night into Sunday morning, where we will be getting together with our dear friends for breakfast, so there will definitely be bacon.
- What item, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, are you most likely to purchase this weekend? I am placing an order on Amazon in the next few days to replace my daily multivitamin stock, of which, will be included a bottle of Biotin Forte for my hair, skin and nails.
- What famous person, whose last name begins with the letter in question #1, makes you think thoughts you probably shouldn’t? Anthony Bourdain. I love me a well-read, foul-mouthed, way-with-words foodie.
- What is your favorite film whose title begins with the letter in question #1? The Big Lebowski; I wouldn’t hold out much hope for the tape deck…or the Creedence….
- What geographical location, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, are you most likely to see within the next few days? I will be in Berea, I’m sure at some point, this weekend.