Busy week here in the Wycket world. I’ve been very dutiful in going to the gym, and I’ve been every day this week. Tomorrow will be my “off” day, and Friday my personal training session. I try to do a mix of intense cardio with light lifting, because my PT is all lifting/strength. Sometimes, though, I have to share the small gym with another gentleman who uses every machine in the gym (it’s a small gym), and it’s nearly impossible not to be in his way in some way, or to cycle in on one of the machines he’s using. Today was one of those days, so I just did intense cardio and called it a night.
I got Zumba for Christmas, but I have to re-arrange the basement so that the TV is closer to the “dance” area, which also requires me to move a huge bookcase, move the TV stand, buy a DVD player/requisite cords, and get a longer cable cord. So, Zumba has pretty much sat un-watched, un-danced to since Christmas. And, I really need to learn the steps, because a friend and I are signed up for a Zumba class at the local community college at the end of March, and neither she nor I want to be dancing in the opposite direction and backwards the whole time.
I feel good: I feel like this fitness regime is going to stick, but I realize it’s going to take a lot of commitment on my part: the pounds and inches don’t lose themselves.
Here’s some other things I’m feeling grateful for, on top of the runner’s high:
- New nail polish color, from eBay, OPI DS Extravagance, and it’s on my tootsies.
- A fuzzy cat, purring on my legs.
- My new Zentangle book, Yoga for the Brain, and a set of Sakura Pigma Micron Pens, from K, for Christmas.
- My nubbly blanket that I actually got on clearance from Cracker Barrel about a year ago. It’s fuzzy, soft, warm, and looks great.
- Flavored seltzer water, which is my new drink of choice: it’s inexpensive, has no sweetener, and comes in 1L containers. I go through about 1.25L a day. I’m finally getting my water in.
Wage a battle against embitterment and take part in Grace in Small Things.
One thought on “Grace in Small Things #8”
So proud of you for kicking some exercise butt! My bf’s mom is obsessed with Zumba! She just loves it!
That polish is gorgeous!
Comments are closed.