Tonight, Charlie and I celebrated our anniversary by going out to dinner. Dinner was lovely, and we had a nice time: we started with the calamari, Charlie had the lobster linguine, I had the short ribs. Our waitress got less friendly when she realized we weren’t going to spend $24 on booze. Que sera, though, right?
I got Charlie a pair of Ariat Legend Phoenix boots:
He seemed very tickled with them, since he’d seen mine and realize how much he wanted a pair of his own. I’m very excited for him to have a pair.
Charlie got me a pair of Toms, and another gift that hasn’t arrived yet, so I’m excited to see what that is, too.
In distressing news, my phone has decided that it wants to go belly up. It no longer registers touch correctly, and started randomly and maniacally depressing itself all over, rather than where I touched it. I guess I’m ready for a new phone (I’ll buy a Verizon-network phone off eBay), I was just hoping I could put it off for a while).
Onwards, to the Friday5!
- What’s your favorite thing about cold weather?
Using my foot heater on my bed, thusly, crawling into a toasty warm bed when the air is chilly.
- Soups and hot beverages seem to be everyone’s favorite cold-weather culinary combatant, but what’s another food that seems to take the bite out of the cold?
Slow cooked short ribs. Always amazing on cold days.
- When the weather is just starting to turn cold but is not yet in full frigidity, what do you add to your bed until it’s time to break out the heavy artillery?
I will sandwich a wool blanket in between the top sheet and duvet cover. When that stops staving off the cold, on goes the foot heater.
- What household chore seems especially unkind in these colder months?
Scraping the snow off the car before heading off for the day. Over-aggressively doing so resulted in the major scratches in my paint.
- Among people you know, who seems most oblivious to cold weather?
My mother. She will still walk around in a tank top, even though it’s 30 degrees outside, and 68 degrees in the house. Insane.