I need today, especially, to remember and invest in Grace in Small Things, especially in lieu of yesterday’s post. Because yes, sometimes, I have a hard time feeling festive, and I can be self-indulgent in my “woe is I” thinking. But, I am luckier than some, and sometimes I need to remind myself of that.
Some grace reminders for the day.
- Having two families who want me to be part of their Thanksgiving dinner.
- Not having to worry when or where I am going to eat next.
- Having to good health to be able to choose between sitting on the couch, watching Law & Order, or get up and work out (sitting on my butt won this time).
- Having lovely friends who go out of their way to put together a very special Yule get-together every year, so that all of us far-flung friends can come together and celebrate.
- Having a heater in the bathroom so the first step out of a nice, hot shower doesn’t have to be freezing.
Wage a battle against embitterment and take part in Grace in Small Things.