Well, I have finished my housesitting stint and decided to make a 4-day weekend out of it, too. So I’m here at home, posting on the interwebs!
There were a few things that I wanted to get done with my weekend, including organizing all of my quilting supplies so that when I get some spare dough, I can actually finish it. I thought it would take much longer, but I was pleasantly surprised that everything was mostly in the same spot in the basement and was easy to pack up.
A while back, Charlie and I were on the search through some of my college boxes for his printmaking tools, and ended up finding a whole bunch of old art supplies, college dorm detrius, and books. Since I was on a mission to get the quilting stuff organized, I went through those boxes, too. I cannot believe that I moved some some of that crap multiple times! I guess that goes to show you that a lot can change in five years. Next move I make, I’ll definitely be more prudent about what goes into boxes.
Before we get to the Friday5, here’s a few other things that I need to get done this weekend:
- make Ham and Lentil Soup in the crock-pot
- make two different dips for a Halloween potluck on Monday
- use my 30% off at Kohl’s to buy a pair of interim business pants that fit (more on that later)
- switch out the summer/winter wardrobe (apparently, Cleveland weather strikes again, and we went from high-50s to mid-30s in two days)
And with that, onward, to the Friday5!
- What’s something you enjoy eating that many others would be grossed-out by?
I love taking pinapple chunks from the can (can’t eat fresh pinapple because it burns my mouth), putting them in a bowl, and salting them. I love the combo of sweet and salty.
Also, when DadZ makes soup, he breaks open the bones, scoops out the marrow, salts it and puts it on a cracker and we eat them as a snack. It grosses Charlie the hell out that we eat it, and I can’t eat many of them (too rich), but I do love it on the occasions we do have them.
- Which of your personal traits is most likely to make others want to avoid you?
I get snippy pretty quickly with people.
- If you could wear a bracelet that had the power to keep certain kinds of people away from you, what kind of people would you repel?
- We are all capable of overcoming our biases, of course, but what’s a physical trait (in others) that pretty much turns you off?
I’m going to go with pee hands. Wash your damn hands after using the bathroom, people!
- When you feel a case of the blues coming on, what do you do to fend off the bad feelings?
I try to get up and get moving. If I get busy with something, I will tend to forget why I was feeling bad in the first place.