- Do you cook all or part of the meal?
I make the apple pie, and I help with everything else.
- How much do you spend buying groceries for the meal?
My portion cost me $8 this year: it was the apples that really cost me, what with off-season produce and whatnot.
- Do you eat at home or go to someone else’s?
It depends. I don’t feel very particularly, one was or the other.
- Describe your perfect bite?
Turkey, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, and cranberry goo.
- White meat or dark?
They both have their appeal; I’m not picky.
- Stuffing with giblets or without?
Ew, no giblets, that’s just…ech.
- Anything you won’t eat at the Thanksgiving meal?
Hmmm…ham. My MIL has ham and turkey sometimes, and I just don’t like ham.
- Carve Mr. Gobble at the table or serve on a platter?
On a platter.
- Favorite pie?
My own apple; but if Gram was still alive, hers would beat mine, hands down.
- Formal table or Chinet?
Formal. If there is any holiday for formal tableware, it’s Thanksgiving.
- Your menu:
Roasted Sweet Potatoes w/ Honey Butter
Good Old Country Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Rolls w/ Irish Butter
- Favorite leftover?
An entire reheated plate of everything from the night before.
- Extended family, friends, both or just the immediate family for dinner?
One year, I’m going to have just friends over: it seems like the least stressful way to do it.
- After dinner, do you go to the latest movie or watch football on TV or just a turkey induced snooze?
I usually get stuck cleaning the kitchen; but this year I get to clean and decorate the tree by myself.
- Do you watch the Macy’s Parade?
Nah, I’ll pass.
- Christmas decorations up before or after?
After Thanksgiving. I’m really, really particular about Christmas decorating, and timing is everything.
- Black Friday shopping or sleep in?
Mostly shopping, but not at big boxes stores – that’s insanity.
- Any special Thanksgiving tradition?
Nope. I’m not terribly sentimental.
- Favorite thing about Thanksgiving?
Using the formal dinnerware.
- Favorite Thanksgiving memory?
Dinner at my in-laws house for Thanksgiving, with The Boy, The Brothers (and dates), and the Uncle and Aunt. It was so much fun: it was casual, no stress, everyone pitched in to clean, and everyone enjoyed everyone else’s company. It was awesome.